Office: 254-694-7303 Fax: 254-694-7029
School begins: 7:55 am Dismissal time: 3:30 pm
A new car tag with your child's official PikMyKid dismissal ID number on it is being sent home. Please make sure that from now on the car tag is displayed on your dash on the passenger side while on school grounds and that you make note of this number. This is to help ease the transition to the new dismissal system. We appreciate your patience during set up and are excited to use the new program.
If you have not yet downloaded the PikMyKid app onto your smart phone please do so as soon as possible. Having the app will not only help our staff keep track of your dismissal change requests, but will also reduce the chaos and amount of time it takes to get your student home safely after the school bell. After registering, please login and make sure that your child's information is listed there correctly. Anyone who will be picking up your child should also register themselves with the application. Their screen will be blank and they will not have any authorization until you allow it within the app.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org mailto:email@example.com with any questions or contact information update requests. Please include your child's name, school, and grade.
September 8, 2020
We are off to a great start of the 2020-2021 school year even though many procedures have been adjusted due to societal circumstances. We appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your child’s educational experience and will continue to strive to make that opportunity motivational and enjoyable for your child. We have two instructional setting options available for students for the 2020-2021 school year. The first option is traditional, in-person instruction on campus, and the second option is remote instruction provided through virtual learning platforms.
As a parent/guardian, you have the option at the end of each six weeks grading period to change the instructional setting for your child. Please see the attached form for instructional setting change and send the completed form back with your child or make an appointment with our office to return the form by the dates mentioned on the form. The form is also available on our campus webpage at www.whitney.k12.tx.us or on our campus Facebook page. If you choose not to change the instructional setting for your child, then no action is necessary. Please contact the Whitney Intermediate School Office at 254-694-7303 if you have any questions.
Again, thank you for your support during an unprecedented time in the field of education. We will continue to provide a safe and supportive environment for your child. Please feel free at any time to contact us with questions or concerns that you may have.
WISD Instructional Setting Change Notification
Families may opt to change their student’s instructional setting from remote to in-person and vice versa at the end of a grading period. Families must notify the campus office of an instructional setting change one week prior to the end of the grading period.
WES Notification Dates ● October 9 ● December 11 ● March 5
WIS, WMS, WHS Notification Dates ● September 18 ● October 30 ● December 11 ● February 5 ● March 26
Student Name ___________ Grade_________
The student listed above will be moving to the following instructional setting for the next grading period:
Today’s Date _______ Guardian Signature ______________
WIS Campus Technology Plan
Campus Technology Guidelines
- 3rd grade…iPads
- 4th and 5th grade…laptops
- Remote learners…one to one devices
- In-person learners…devices will be available on-campus only and housed in classroom carts unless a student transitions to a remote learner
- In the event a student transitions to a remote learner due to COVID-19 quarantine or by parental/guardian choice at the end of the six-week grading period, WIS campus administration will contact individual parents/guardians and coordinate with WISD technology department to make arrangements for delivery of electronic devices
- In the event of a campus shutdown due to COVID-19, campus administration will communicate and collaborate with WISD technology to formulate a plan for student distribution of electronic devices
Campus Technology Device Sanitation/Storage
- Teachers will wear gloves when storing students’ iPads/laptops in carts after student daily use
- Teachers will sanitize iPads/laptops once students return them to the storage cart after student daily use
- Teachers will keep a catalog of devices issued to each student to ensure the same student is issued the same device the next instructional day
- Teachers will coordinate classroom cart transition at the end of the instructional day to ensure students receive the same device the next instructional day
Whitney Intermediate School
Principal: Russell Gauer
WIS Social Distancing/Sanitation Plan
2020-2021 School Year
Arrival/Dismissal of Faculty/Staff
- WIS Office Staff will enter/exit through front campus doors
- 3rd grade faculty/support staff will enter/exit through 3rd grade end, hallway doors by WIS library
- 4th grade faculty/support staff will enter/exit through 4th grade end, hallway doors by WIS library
- 5th grade faculty/support staff will enter/exit through the doors by the WISD auditorium
- In the event of inclement weather, 3rd and 4th grade faculty/support staffs will enter through the front campus doors
Arrival/Dismissal of Students
- Blue paw prints are posted throughout the campus hallways, cafeteria, and gym areas to aid students with social distancing guidelines
- Bus riders will be dropped at the WIS gym and will be seated by grade levels according to social distancing guidelines…133 students are able to be housed within the WIS gym according to social distancing guidelines…four WIS campus support staff will be utilized within the WIS gym to assist and monitor students
- Students that would like to eat breakfast will be escorted to the WIS cafeteria by two WIS campus support staff and if necessary will enter the cafeteria utilizing two separate entrances based on the number of students choosing to eat breakfast. All other students will remain in the WIS gym with the remaining WIS campus support staff until the 7:50 AM bell…students will exit the gym through separate doors by grade level
- Students choosing to eat breakfast will be monitored by two WIS campus support staff within the WIS cafeteria. Tables within the WIS cafeteria have been equipped with Plexiglas dividers to allow six students to sit at each folding cafeteria table allowing 120 students to be housed in the cafeteria according to social distancing guidelines. In the event that more room is needed in the cafeteria, students that have completed breakfast will be socially distanced within their respective hallways and monitored by WIS teachers so that other students will be able to enter the cafeteria to eat breakfast. Students will remain socially distanced in the hallway or cafeteria until the 7:50 AM bell and will exit the cafeteria through separate doors by grade level.
- Car Rider students will remain in classrooms at the end of the day and will be released individually as parents/guardians arrive on campus
- Bus Rider students will be escorted to the gym by WIS Support staff and enter the gym through separate doors by grade level…WIS teachers assigned to weekly duty will also assist in monitoring of students within the gym during afternoon dismissal
- Students will eat lunch as a grade level
- WIS cafeteria tables have been equipped with Plexiglas dividers to allow 120 students to eat lunch according to social distancing guidelines
- Students will be escorted to and from lunch by WIS teachers or WIS support staff and enter/exit the lunch room through three, separate entrances
- Students will receive four days of 30 minutes of recess per week…students will attend recess three classes at a time with each class utilizing the WIS playground equipment every third day
- Other areas utilized for recess will be the area in front of WISD maintenance and an additional area behind the WIS gym
- In the event of inclement weather, both WIS gyms will be utilized as well as grade level classrooms to assist in social distancing of students
- On Tone Up Tuesday, students will be split into six groups within the grade level to aid in social distancing of students while participating in various activities to stimulate physical and mental development of students
- WIS faculty/staff will monitor and limit the number of students at any one time within campus restrooms
- WIS faculty/staff will encourage students to practice good hygiene and handwashing
- Water fountains will not be available to staff/students on campus…staff/students will need to provide their own water bottles while on
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided at main, campus entrances
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all campus classrooms
- Classroom teachers will sanitize classrooms once students leave the classroom for recess, lunch, and activity times
- Playground equipment will be sanitized throughout the day
- WISD custodial staff will sanitize common areas of campus each day
- WIS faculty/staff will wear masks/face shields
- WIS students will wear masks/face shields