Thank you for your interest in your child taking a Dual Credit class. Please pay attention to the deadlines below. Taking a Dual Credit class is a great opportunity for your child to receive college credit in high school at minimal expense. Please let us know if we can answer any questions or assist you in any way whatsoever.
Whitney High School –
• MANDATORY PARENT MEETING (Must attend or have made prior arrangements with the counselors if unable to attend.)
• Dual Credit forms (picked up at required meeting) -to be discussed in the required meeting.
• TSI Testing – All students who need to take the TSI in order to meet the criteria for registering for dual credit classes will be taking the TSI at WISD. If a student does not meet the criteria after the initial testing, it is up to the student to make arrangements to retest at another testing center such as Hill College. To do this, contact Hill College Testing Center at 254-659-7816 to make an appointment. A $39 fee is also required at the Hill College testing site. All retesting must be completed by March 29th. YOU CANNOT REGISTER FOR CLASSES IF THE TSI STANDARD HAS NOT BEEN MET.
*PSAT scores may be used to qualify for dual credit also
• Apply Texas Application – Students must apply to Hill College using the ApplyTexas.org website.
• Student Registration for Dual Credit Classes – All students who have successfully passed the TSI and applied to Hill College will be eligible to register for classes. The WHS Counselors will work with students to register for classes prior to the semester starting.
• Please be aware that these deadlines will be strictly enforced. These are college-level classes and the expectations are higher than those of high-school level classes. Deadlines are firm when dealing with college courses; therefore, the WHS dual credit deadlines are also firm. Hill College does not adhere to WHS deadlines so please do not call Hill College about these deadlines. Thank you.
Kathy Auten, M.Ed., CSC
Jody Fergason, M.Ed., CSC
Dual Credit classes from our partnership with Hill College are now in progress. Registration for Dual Credit courses for next school year will be announced and posted in the Spring of each school year. Remember, Whitney High School has a set of deadlines separate from Hill College and these are strictly followed. There is much organization and planning that needs to take place on the high school side and this allows us to complete all needed pieces prior to the end of the spring semester. Thank you for understanding and adhereing to these deadlines.
WHITNEY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS MUST PASS THE READING AND WRITING PARTS OF THE TSI or PSAT IN ORDER TO TAKE ANY DUAL CREDIT CLASSES. STUDENTS MUST ADDITIONALLY PASS THE MATH PORTION IF TAKING COLLEGE ALGEBRA IN THE SPRING SEMESTER.
Hill College Testing Center - Students can take the Pre-Assessment Part 1 and 2 anytime (links on this site) and print off the certificate to take to advising center in order to obtain the referral for testing.